Coronavirus Protection Measures and Updates

April 17, 2020 Update

Continuing the recommendations of the CDC relative to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tripoli Board of Directors has extended the moratorium on group Tripoli activities until either April 28 or until state and local governments begin lifting “Stay at Home” orders, whichever comes first. This restriction now allows individual households to launch from their backyard or nearby open space as long as the activity complies with local orders regarding travel and gathering size for recreational activities. Unnecessary travel or gathering in groups with persons from other households is still strongly discouraged in compliance with the spirit of the governmental guidelines.
When the Tripoli board first imposed a moratorium on launches we decided that memberships would be extended for the length of that moratorium. Memberships will be automatically extended by two months.

Yesterday, April 16, 2020, President Trump unveiled “Guidelines for Opening Up America” which can be found at The board of directors has not had a chance to fully review this document, but feels that it should be used to determine the conditions when Prefectures within the United States may resume launches, paying close attention to the limitations on travel and gathering sizes allowed. The board will be studying this document over the next few days.

Finally, because of the financial hardships some of our members may be going through as a result of the shutdowns imposed by our countries in an effort to slow the spread of COVID, the Tripoli board of directors voted unanimously that high power certifications will not expire for members who may not be able to renew their memberships during the financial recovery period. This pause on certification expiration is temporary and intended to help our members as they deal with circumstances beyond their control. The board will review this decision annually, but at least for now our members should not have to worry about this one aspect of their lives.


March 27, 2020 Update

The Tripoli board of directors voted today to extend the moratorium on Tripoli group activities and launches for an additional two weeks, to April 16, 2020. 

We also unanimously approved extending memberships to match.

Everyone stay safe!

March 18, 2020

Tripoli Rocketry Association has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation.
The White House and the CDC has recommended that all gatherings be limited to 10 people or less.
In order to protect our members, their families and guests at launches, and do our part to stem the spread of the virus, the TRA board of directors have taken the following actions.

  • All TRA sanctioned launches, meetings, or other gatherings shall be canceled for a minimum of 15 days, starting March 18, 2020

We will continue to monitor the situation.
Please stay safe and healthy

Tripoli Board of Directors